Renewable Energy Solutions
About French Development Enterprises, LLC
French Development Enterprises, LLC (FDE) is advancing the North American water infrastructure industry by developing innovative technologies for the next-generation hydro run of the river dams, modular prestress concrete power house facilities, pump storage civil structures, reservoir and water control systems and retrofit of existing high hazard dams, modular aquatic animal passage systems.
FDE Introduces Modular Precast Concrete Scalable Technology for Construction & Retrofit of Hydro and Water Control Systems. FDE owns exclusive IP rights to all of North America regarding civil water infrastructure solutions.
The “French Dam” is a patented (US8414223B2; US9103084B2) next generation Precast Modular Construction and Retrofit technology for building new and refurbishment of existing small and medium head hydro electric and water control dams.
With assistance from the U.S. Department of Energy, FDE will fabricate and demonstrate proof of concept of its patented (“French Dam”) modular precast water control structure by the end of 2016.
The company estimates this technology can reduce civil construction and maintenance costs by up to 60%, shorten duration of construction up to 4 times and mitigate all risks associated with “cast-in-place” traditional construction methods which gives the developer a much faster ROI.
French Development Enterprises has agreements with the top precast manufacturing innovators that gives FDE a supply chain of precast and pre-stress manufacturing covering all of North America.
Hydropower is the nation’s largest source of renewable electricity. Growing this resource will bring more clean, low-cost electricity to additional American families while creating jobs across the country.
FDE has developed a number of U.S. and international patents:
- U.S. Patent (US8414223B2) – Intelligent hydroelectric dam with power storage (Powerhouses, Retrofit existing Dams)
- U.S. Patent (US9103084B2) – Intelligent hydroelectric dam with power storage (New Dam Construction)
- U.S. Patent (US20160017558A1) – Aquatic Animal Passage With Counter (Modular Fish Ladders)
- Canada: 2830913 – Patent Application, Allowed (Dams, Powerhouses)
- Europe: Patent Pending (EP-14711420.1) European Patent Application for 38 European Countries and Brazil.
- U.S. Patent Pending – Ground Stabilization System to Support Renewable Energy
- U.S. Patent Pending – Utility Scale Ground Mount Solar Tracking System Dual Axis Photovoltaic (PV)
- U.S. Patent Pending – Truck/Trailer Mounted Military Solar Tracking Systems (Military|DHS|FEMA Application)
- U.S. Patent Pending – Classified with the U.S. Department of Defense – SOF (Special Operations Forces) and USSOCOM
French Dam # 1
October 21, 2016 – French Development Enterprises, LLC (FDE) of North Billerica, Mass., Oldcastle Precast of Littleton, Colo., and GEI Consultants of Woburn, Mass., announced successful construction and assembly of the first prototype “French Dam” — a modular precast civil water infrastructure system for construction and retrofit of hydroelectric dams, water control systems and modular next generation hydro powerhouse systems.